Saturday, April 28, 2012

uses for holey tights


I like to be as environmentally friendly as possible, hence I'm
always trying to repurpose stuff. I have a cupboard in my laundry,
full of old cotton knickers I can use to polish stuff, old towels for
drying the pugs after baths, and I have a huge tangled ball of tights 
that have been breeding over the years and I have not used a
single pair... until now. Thanks to an article by Jo Walker in this
months Frankie mag for the following, fantastic tips.

* Cut off a leg and use as a bag to wash your lingerie in.

* Cut widthways like calamari and use as hair ties.

* Fill one foot with oats, lavender, chamomile, herbs or rose
petals, tie off and toss in your bath for a delicious soak.

* Chop down into socks.

* Stuff a leg with potpurri, tie off with ribbon and pop
in your drawer to keep your clothes smelling sweet.
Lavender, mint or cedar chips will keep the moths away.

* As a lens filter onyour camera for a dreamy look.

* Make toys or pillows and fill with old tights.

* Stuff in the toes of shoes, so they keep their shape.

* As an onion keeper: pop in an onion, tie off, another onion,
tie off; keep in a dark place; cut onions off and use as needed.

4 comments:

  1. Great tips! I'll be hacking my old tights up if you need me...

    http://ivefallenoutwithmyjeans.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha...the "onion keeper" idea makes me laugh...I'm picturing polka dotted and crazy-colored strings of onions hanging in the pantry :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant ideas! Am now following and looking forward to gearing more about your chicken.Rx

    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete